About Erie County Medical Center Corporation Division of Chemical Dependency
ECMC offers individuals and families the most comprehensive alcohol and drug addiction rehab services available in Western New York, with inpatient and outpatient programs to support patients with their needed level of care. All treatment programs provide state-of-the-art medications to treat addictions, as well as counseling and other support for the best chance of success.
Along with emergency psychiatric care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ECMC’s behavioral health services are distinguished by:
- Status as one of the largest chemical dependency treatment centers in the area
- Status as the largest acute care psychiatric program in our region for adolescents, adults, and seniors
- Chemical dependency evaluations each day from 8 AM to 2 AM to assess patients, determine the appropriate level of care, and facilitate referral and placement
- Bilingual counselors to serve our Spanish-speaking population
- Partnerships in intervention services with: The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center, Erie County Department of Social Services, Ken-Ton School District, & Maryvale School.
Our alcohol and drug addiction facilities include:
- 18-bed Substance Intervention Program, a medically supervised inpatient detoxification unit for patients dependent on both drugs and alcohol
- 20-bed Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation Program, a residential program for structured rehabilitation treatment
Three chemical-dependency outpatient centers (including one for vocational rehab)
All treatment programs at ECMC are certified by the New York State Office of Mental Health, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS).
ECMC accepts most insurance, and sliding scale payment rates are also available.