How to Safely Detox from Oxycodone
How to detox from oxycodone does not have to be a difficult question to answer. Oxycodone is one of the most prevalent addictions in the United States. Many people do not realize how easy it is to become addicted to oxycodone and find themselves in very serious trouble very quickly. Fortunately, there is a way to detox from oxycodone and get your life back.
Know What to Expect
Knowing what to expect from oxycodone withdrawal is important. Some of the symptoms are very scary and if you do not know what to expect. According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, oxycodone is equivalent to both morphine and heroin in composition. This means they have similar withdrawal symptoms.
Some of the withdrawal symptoms are:
- abdominal cramping
- cold and flu like symptoms
- muscle and joint pain
When you know what to expect, it can help you better prepare for the detox process. This is why a detox center that provides pre and post detox counseling is so important. Knowing what to expect and what the center can do to help you can give you comfort while you are experiencing it.
To find a detox center that can help you, call our helpline or send us a message any time!
There are over 4.6 million drug related emergencies room visits in the United States every year, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Of these visits over half of them are prescription drug related. Oxycodone is one of the more commonly abused prescription drugs.
Unfortunately, oxycodone and opiates like it are some of the most difficult to stop using. Many people try to quit on their own and wind up in relapse and overdose. Some of the more severe withdrawal symptoms cause these emergency room visits as well. This is easy to prevent when you are detoxing by using a detox center.
In a detox center you will be given:
- medication to help with the withdrawal symptoms
- a place to stay away from the drugs and your triggers
- counseling to help you through the most difficult parts
- tests for mood disorders and other mental health issues that contribute to your addiction
- treatment for any chronic pain or mood disorder that resulted in your addiction
- a comfortable place to stay through the worst part of the detox
When you are in a detox center, you can safely recover from oxycodone addiction. The medical help available will prevent any adverse effects from the withdrawal symptoms, prevent relapse, and prevent relapse related overdose.
Find a Detox Center that can Help you
If you are considering an oxycodone detox, it is important to find the treatment center that best matches your needs. This is the best way to detox from oxycodone. To find the treatment center that is right for you all you have to do is call 800-483-2193(Who Answers?). We can help you by teaching you how to detox from oxycodone the right way.
- Drug Enforcement Administration. (2014). Oxycodone (Trade Names: Tylox®, Percodan®, OxyContin®).
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2011). Drug-Related Hospital Emergency Room Visits.