About Holistic Treatment
Are you, or is someone you love addicted to drugs or alcohol? Do you wish there was a way to overcome this addiction without using traditional medicine techniques that could cause unwanted side effects? Making the choice to get help from a holistic treatment program can save you the worry of western medicine which can lead to dangerous or undesirable side effects. Holistic rehab puts you in the drivers seat of your own recovery allowing you to take control of your life once and for all.
Call us now to find holistic treatment programs near you!
What is Holistic Treatment?
Holistic detox and treatment is a process of using holistic care practices such as herbal remedies, acupuncture and massage to treat addiction rather than using traditional western medicine techniques such as Methadone, Suboxone or other medications that have been commonly prescribed in the treatment of addiction. Holistic healing, though not as widely accepted in western culture as it is in the Eastern hemisphere, is gaining traction as a safe, effective alternative treatment option for those suffering from a wide range of addictions as well as other conditions such as depression, anxiety, and even certain physical health disorders.
Types of Treatment Provided in a Holistic Detox Center
Many different treatment options are provided in a holistic detox center. If a center claims to be a holistic program, they are likely to offer any one or more of the following treatment options to assist in your safe detox and recovery:
- Acupuncture to reduce symptoms of withdrawal and promote relaxation
- Exercise programs to aid in the elimination of toxins while also encouraging strength and health
- Healthy meals to promote elimination of toxins and internal healing
- Meditation for spiritual healing and growth
- Massage to reduce pain and discomfort in withdrawal while promoting relaxation
Does Holistic Detox Really Work?
The short answer to the question, “does holistic detox work?” is YES! Keep in mind that in order for any treatment to be effective you must be willing to participate in the program, you must stay focused on your healing and health, and you must remain involved in the recovery program for at least 30 days. Holistic detox, like other methods of detox can help you get sober if you are ready, willing and committed to your sobriety.
For help finding a holistic detox center that will provide you with the treatment necessary for recovery, call our helpline at 800-483-2193(Who Answers?) toll-free. We will match you with a holistic detox center that can provide effective treatment for you or someone you love.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition)- Types of Treatment Programs.
- Orthopedic Nursing. (2010). Massage therapy for stress management: implications for nursing practice.