About Freedom House Recovery Center Facility Based Crisis and Detox Center
Whether you (or a loved one) are experiencing a mental health and/or substance abuse crisis, Freedom House has a state-of-the-art Facility-Based Crisis Unit and offers an array of crisis support services to help:
- 23-Hour observation chairs – short-term intensive observation, evaluation and support for up to 23 hours, for people with mental illness and/or substance abuse issues; includes evaluation to determine if transfer to a more intensive and/or longer-term level of care is indicated.
- Crisis stabilization – short-term residential intensive evaluation, treatment intervention or behavioral management to stabilize acute or crisis situations, including acute psychiatric symptoms, disruptive or dangerous behaviors or intoxication from alcohol or drugs.
- Detoxification, from alcohol and/or drugs – social setting and non-hospital medical detoxification, providing 24-hour evaluation and withdrawal management, with emphasis on both medical supervision and peer and social support.
- Mobile Crisis – Mobile Crisis Teams travel to a person in crisis to provide integrated, short-term crisis response, stabilization and intervention for adults and children experiencing a mental health or chemical dependency crisis.
- Walk-In and Telepsychiatry – Clients can meet with a licensed psychiatrist to meet urgent needs. Additionally, rural clients can receive remote care via secure and confidential video conferencing.