About Southcoast Behavioral Health
Southcoast Behavioral Health is a 120-bed inpatient hospital in Dartmouth, Massachusetts. Conveniently located along the state’s southern coast, and readily accessible from Cape Cod, Boston and Rhode Island, the Southcoast campus is place of hope and healing where patients receive exceptional psychiatric care in an atmosphere of serenity and tranquility.
At Southcoast, care is provided by teams of talented and dedicated professionals, including board-certified psychiatrists, licensed clinical social workers, registered nurses, recreational therapists, and mental health technicians. Treatment at Southcoast is a highly personalized experience, with all patients receiving comprehensive care that has been customized according to their unique needs.With a range of therapeutic treatment methods, as well as medication management services, Southcoast is uniquely prepared to provide a life-changing experience that empowers patients to overcome the obstacles that have been preventing them from living healthier and more satisfying lives and achieving their greatest potential.
At Southcoast Behavioral Health, we have created a specialized inpatient treatment program expressly designed to help each of our patients begin their journeys to recovery and healing. Though we treat a number of mental health disorders, some of the more common mental illnesses and symptoms we treat include:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Suicidal ideation
- Self-harming behaviors
- Schizophrenia spectrum disorders
- Schizoaffective disorder
During a typical 5- to 7-day stay in Southcoast’s inpatient program, patients will benefit from a number of different interventions delivered by our caring and experienced staff including a board-certified psychiatrist, licensed clinical social workers, registered nurses, recreational therapists, and mental health technicians. These interventions, included in each patient’s regular daily schedule, may include:
- Individual therapy sessions are conducted by our psychiatrist and social workers. These sessions are designed to be places where patients can come and process material from their group work and continue their personal growth process. Frequency of individual therapy is individualized for each patient.
- Family therapy sessions are conducted by staff social workers. Because we recognize and value the role family members can play in a patient’s recovery process, we provide individualized family therapy sessions for our patients to help address family-wide issues and to help family members provide the support that can be instrumental to each patient’s recovery and healing.
- Group therapy sessions are conducted by staff social workers, recreational therapists, registered nurses, or mental health technicians. Patients attend a minimum of five groups per day, including both process groups and didactic, or topic-based, groups.
- Patients who require medications are able to meet on a daily basis with our staff psychiatrist for medication management services. In addition to the staff psychiatrist, nursing staff is available to help patients with their medications.