How Will I Pay for Drug and Alcohol Detox in New York, New York
While addiction treatment can get expensive, drug and alcohol detox centers in New York, NY offer a range of payment options that make treatment affordable for everyone. Available payment options can be broken up into two main categories: health insurance and payment assistance.
Many detox centers in New York city accept one or more of the following health insurance options:
- Private health insurance – this includes Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) and Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs). HMOs cost less but have certain restrictions that limit your choice of treatment provider compared to PPOs.
- Medicaid – a state-sponsored health plan that will cover your treatment costs if you’re unable to quality for other forms of coverage
- Medicare – a federal-based program that provides health coverage for individuals 65 years and older
- TRICARE and TRICARE for Life programs – available for retired military personnel
- Veterans Health – available for military personnel who leave the service as a result of a disability or disease
- Tribal Funds – available for individuals of Native American and Alaskan native descent who belong to a federally-recognized tribe
The second category -payment assistance treatment options- may take the form of:
- Sliding fee scales
- Facility grants
- Credit arrangements
- Financing plans
Since detox centers in New York can vary in the level of funding any one program receives, payment assistance options can vary from program to program. In some cases, free detox treatment may be an option depending on funding availability.