Why Choose Louisiana Detox Centers?
A lot of people feel like they need to stop using drugs and alcohol independently in order to demonstrate their strength. But, once faced with withdrawal symptoms, they are forced to return to substance use to end the pain. It’s much better to pick a Louisiana detox center and receive care from a trained, experienced staff that can alleviate pain and support sobriety.
A detox program will:
- Decrease chances of relapse and overdose
- Provide regular medical care
- Help manage emotional and physical symptoms of withdrawal
- Simultaneously treat secondary mental and physical disorders
- Protect patients from triggers to use
- Establish medication-assisted treatment programs
It’s important to remember that detox isn’t a replacement for treatment. A 2012 study from Johns Hopkins indicates patients who continue with treatment after detox are ten times less likely to relapse than patients who do not.