Choosing Harrisburg Detox Centers that are Right for You or a Loved One
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, cocaine mentions in drug-related overdose deaths in Dauphin county increased 144 percent between 2014 and 2015. No matter what type of drug or substance you regularly abuse, there is always a chance of a dangerous outcome like this, so it is important to seek help as soon as possible from drug and alcohol detox centers in Harrisburg, PA.
There are several different types of Harrisburg drug detox programs. Inpatient centers provide 24-hour care to patients in a hospital-based setting while residential facilities offer 24-hour care in a more relaxed atmosphere. Outpatient centers do not provide 24-hour care but offer all the necessary treatment options, including medication in most instances.
If you are unsure of what type of treatment you require, ask yourself the questions below.
- Do I lack the support of friends and family members at home?
- Do I live alone?
- Do I believe that if I were not in treatment 24/7, I would relapse?
- Am I suffering from any comorbid mental or physical disorders?
- Am I suffering from more than one addiction syndrome?
- Am I suffering from a severe addiction or withdrawal syndrome that may require me to be in a hospital?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may require residential or inpatient care over outpatient Harrisburg drug detox. If you answered yes to the final question, you should seek inpatient detoxification.